NMWA Strawberry Towel
Through her evocative portraits, Sherald unsettles dominant views of African American culture and history. By painting her figures’ skin in grayscale, the artist metaphorically removes their “color.”
I was drawn to this piece by the vibrant colors and important message the grayscale skintone conveys, I pulled from the pattern in the subject’s dress to create my strawberry design. I incorporated the playfulness of the berries along with the polka dots and colors.
Our towels are light, super absorbent, soft and are machine washable.
• Comes folded in a belly band package ready for gifting
• Packaging contains an additional insert showing the original artwork inspiration with a description about the piece and how it is reflected in our design
• Measures approx. 24"x26" (size tolerance 2-3")
• All natural, unbleached 100% cotton
• Machine washable
• Hand screen-printed with eco-friendly, water-based inks
Color may vary from monitor to monitor.